The Bachelor of Arts in History Programme stresses the importance of taking a global perspective in the study of history. Complemented by interdisciplinary studies, bi-lingual learning environment, as well as the provision of internship opportunities, the Programme aims at broadening our students’ perspectives, their minds, their creativity and originality, and their ability to change.
- Emphasising book and field knowledge, theories and experiential practices.
- Emphasising student creativity and active critical analysis, discouraging rote learning.
- Offering a wide variety of new course with maximum freedom in course selection.
- Integrating Chinese History and World History: the programme allows students to see Chinese History through the eyes of the world, and world history through the eyes of China.
- Emphasising comparative history and public history.
- Participating Summer Internship Programme to provide opportunities for students to apply their knowledge in a real world.
- Assigning academic advisors to each student providing support and general supervision on studying and adaption to the campus life during the study.