Announcement from the University on Special Arrangements on Teaching and Learning
In view of the Novel Coronavirus outbreak, the University has made several announcements on various special arrangements on teaching and learning for UG and PG students. We would like to draw your attention to the following:
- The second term of 2019/20 for the 2-term pattern has been extended, and the term end date is 2 May 2020. The revised University Almanac 2019-20 is available on the RES website at http://www.res.cuhk.edu.hk/en-gb/general-information/university-almanac/university-almanac-for-19-20.
- A special Add/Drop period for Term 2 will be provided once again on CUSIS from 17 to 23 February 2020.
- All classes will resume on 17 February 2020 in the form of online teaching. While the University may revert to face-to-face teaching when the situation allows, we have also prepared to operate on online mode for the rest of Term 2.
- The Term 2 tuition fees payment due date for all UG and PG programmes will be deferred to a date to be announced by the University in due course.
- RPg students are also expected to follow the University’s class arrangement. To minimize the possibility of a novel coronavirus outbreak on campus, RPg students are strongly advised not to come back to campus. Research activities including laboratory work conducted on campus must have the approval of the relevant supervisors, Department Chairpersons/Directors of Schools, and Faculty Deans. RPg students are required to (1) declare their travel history in the previous 14 days by fill in the Health Declaration Form (paper/online) and (2) monitor their health status by continuing to fill in the Self-medical Surveillance Form (paper/online) for the next 14 consecutive days. Both forms should be submitted to their supervisors and the Division Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The University has launched a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Section on the website to address questions from students and staff on protective measures against the novel coronavirus infection at http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/english/whats-on/focus/antivirus-faq.html. Staff and students are highly recommended to take a look on the Section.
Students are advised to contact their academic advisors, supervisors, Chairman or respective Programme Office if you need helps on learning or any further concerns.